Editing bills of lading
You can edit the header fields, the package information, or the item information on the bill of lading.
The item information can only be edited while the bill of lading Status is
In Progress. Once the bill of lading is
Closed, the items have left the warehouse and can no longer be edited.
The header fields and package information can be edited while the bill of lading Status is
In Progress or
Closed. You can Commit the
Closed bill of lading to prevent further editing.
The reason that you can edit a
Closed bill of lading is that sometimes information you want to record, such as Tracking #s for the packages, is not available until after the goods have left the warehouse. You can return to the
Closed bill of lading to record this information, then Commit the bill of lading when you are done.
To edit the bill of lading header fields:
- Select Wave Fulfillment>Bills of Lading. A list of bills of lading displays.
- Highlight the bill of lading you want to edit. Select Edit from the toolbar above the list. You can edit the bill of lading header fields while the Status is
In Progress or
To prevent further editing of the header fields, Commit the bill of lading.
- The bill of lading edit page displays. General information is up above. A list of packages and a list of items are below.
- Edit the header fields as necessary. For information about specific fields, see Bill of lading field descriptions.
- Select Save or Save and Continue Editing to save your changes.