Voiding a shipment
Voiding a shipment is a one step process for cancelling all or part of each shipment line item and optionally returning that cancelled quantity to inventory. You can view the voided shipment items in the Voided Items tab of the shipment record or in the Voided Shipment Items List.
To void a shipment:
- Select Fulfillment>View Shipments. A list of shipments appears.
- Highlight a shipment and select Void Shipment from the toolbar. A shipment must have status
Closed in order to be voided.
Voiding a shipment based on a sales order will automatically reopen the sales order. Express shipments can always be voided.
If you use the Parcel Post feature: If a shipment has Parcel Post Status of
In Progress or
Posted, you may need to delete the shipment from your third party parcel posting application as part of the voiding process.
- The Void Shipment screen appears.
- The Voided Items table lists the items being cancelled. There is one line here for each line from the shipment.
- For each line, the Qty Voided is listed. Key in a different value if you only want to partially void the line. The Qty Voided will be "returned" to the sales order, that is, that quantity can be shipped again.
For example: The sales order line said that 10 bicycle tires should be shipped out. The shipment shipped out 10 bicycle tires, which automatically closed the sales order. When you void the shipment, if you enter a Qty Voided of 3 tires, then the sales order is automatically reopened with status of
In Progress. You can ship against the sales order again. You can ship out 3 tires.
- Check whether to Return to Inventory the Qty Voided. This box is checked by default, which means the items will be returned to inventory in the Location specified on the line.
- To edit the item details before the item is returned to inventory:
- Check the checkbox to the left of the item you want to edit.
- Select Edit up above. An edit screen appears.
- Modify the item fields as needed. (Only a few of the fields are available for edit, because most of the inventory item properties, including any custom fields, are the same as when the inventory was shipped out.)
- Click OK when finished. The edit screen closes and the voided items reflect your edits.
- Click OK when finished.