Viewing a storage document
A storage document is a record of inventory items that are owned by a particular Owner. The effect of a storage document is to save a snapshot of a subset of inventory at a given point in time.
To view storage documents:
Select Inventory>Storage Documents. A list of storage documents appears. If needed, you can filter or sort the list.
If you have a multi-warehouse operation, make sure you have selected the correct warehouse from the Warehouse drop-down up above.
To view a specific storage document:
- From Inventory>Storage Documents, double-click the record or highlight the record and click View. The storage document displays. General information is up above and a list of items in storage is below.
- To view individual items in storage, check the box to the left of the line item, and click View.
- To export the items in storage to a spreadsheet, click Export on the toolbar above the list of items. A file download window appears. Save the file to a directory on your computer. See also Exporting storage documents, in this section.
- To view descriptions of any fields in the storage document, see Storage document field descriptions in this section.
To export the Storage Documents list to a spreadsheet:
- Sort or filter your list to isolate the group of records you want to export. You can also export the entire list, unfiltered, if you want. You can export up to 10,000 records.
- Click Export from the toolbar. The Export pop-up appears.
Important: Do not close this pop-up. Closing the pop-up cancels your request for exported data. If needed, you can minimize the Export pop-up.
- Optionally, continue working in SmartTurn while your export request is being processed.
Note: You can only create one export request at a time. However, you can continue with all of your other work in SmartTurn.
- When the export is complete, a dialog opens asking you if you want to open or save the file.
- Select Save. Save the file to a directory on your machine.
- A spreadsheet appears with the data you selected. SmartTurn exports many attributes of your data, not just the columns you see in the list view.
- At this time, it is safe to close your Export pop-up. Select Close if the pop-up does not automatically close once your export is complete.