Creating a blind receipt
A blind receipt is a one-step process for:
- Receiving goods without a purchase order or ASN
- Assigning each item to a location for putaway
To create a blind receipt:
- From the left-hand navigation bar, select Receiving>Receive Purchase Orders. A list of receipts appears.
- SelectAdd Blind Receipt up above. An Add receipt screen appears.
- In the top of the page, for Receipt Date, the system automatically selects the current date as the date of record for the receipt. If the date is different, you can change it by clicking the calendar icon to the right.
- The Use as Item Receipt Date checkbox lets you specify whether you want each item on the receipt to inherit the date showing in the Receipt Date field as its Item Receipt Date.
- If you want each item on the receipt to inherit the Receipt Date as its individual Item Receipt Date, check this box. (You can also edit each item on the receipt individually to assign an Item receipt date.)
- If you want to leave the Item Receipt Date empty (or null) for each item on the receipt, make sure the box is unchecked.
- After SmartTurn has received the items into inventory, you can go in to each inventory item record and edit the Item Receipt Date as needed.
- In the Due Date field, select the date the receipt is due to be received.
- In the Scheduled Receipt date field, enter the date the receipt is planned to be received in.
- Under Assigned To, enter the user who will complete this receipt.
- In the Vendor field, enter the vendor.
- Optionally, enter a Priority for the receipt.
- As applicable, enter an active Owner, Broker, and/or Carrier. More information...
If you enter an Owner on the receipt, then all of the other business affiliates on the document must have a Business Affiliate Owner that is either not set or is set to the Owner on the receipt, and all of the receipt items must have an item master Owner that is either not set or is set to the Owner on the receipt.
- Under the Receipt Details tab:
- For Shipment reference, enter the shipment reference number.
- For Container #, enter the ID for the container the goods arrived in.
- For Dock #, enter the dock number where the goods were unloaded.
- For Bill of lading, enter the ID for bill of lading that came with the shipment.
- Under the Comments tab, enter any comments about the item(s) in the blind receipt.
- If you have defined custom fields, enter the information under the Custom tab as needed. Default values are as defined under Administration>Custom Fields, in the Business Process Details section for each custom field.
- Down below, in the Receipt Items table, select Add. A Lookup Item Master screen appears.
- If you have selected a vendor for this receipt, by default, you will only see those items for which that vendor is listed as the preferred vendor. If you want to view all the item masters, clear the Preferred Vendor field. You can also filter the list by Item #, Description, Product ID, or Group, or search for Stockout Items. See Item Master Lookup screen instructions.
- Select items from the list of item masters by selecting the check box to the left of each item, then selecting OK at the bottom. The items you selected appear in the Receipt Items table.
- Select a value from the Show Availability Data drop-down according to how much availability information to display for your items. Then click Search. See Item Master Lookup screen instructions.
- After you have added your items, under Receipt Items, make any needed changes to the items:
- Edit the attributes of any receipt item: You can enter or change Lot #, Expire date, Serial #, Product ID, or Location for each receipt item. If you want to edit additional information, such as Item receipt date, Details, or Condition, check the receipt item on the left and select Edit... above.
- Items on the receipt that are Expiration Date Controlled cannot be received without an Expire date.
- Items on the receipt that have Serial Control set cannot be received without a Serial #. You may need to split the line if you want different items on this line to have different serial numbers. More info...
- If you defined custom fields, check the receipt item on the left and select Edit... above to enter the fields. Default values are as defined under Administration>Custom Fields, in the Business Process Details section for each custom field.
- Change the putaway unit of any receipt item: By default, inventory items are putaway (stored) in their Standard Unit, which is set in the item master. (This may not be the unit of measure that the item is being received in.) Use the Putaway UoM drop-down to select the unit of measure the inventory item should be stored in. More info...
- Edit the measurements of any receipt item:
- Under Cube, Dim Wt, and Pallets, you can enter the volume, dimensional weight, and pallets being received, respectively. By default, these values are taken from the item master.
- Under Putaway Cube, Putaway Dim Wt, and Putaway Pallets, you can enter the volume, dimensional weight, and pallets being put away, respectively. By default, these values are based on the Putaway UoM and its measurements in the item master.
Most of the item, these two sets of measurements are identical. However, having two sets of measurements allows you to capture differences between the warehouse operation and the inventory item. For example, when you receive the item from your vendor, it may have a Cube of 3 cubic feet. But after you take off the protective pacakging, it may only have a Putaway Cube of 2 cubic feet, and only take up 2 cubic feet in your warehouse.
- Delete a receipt item: Check the item(s) you want to delete and select Delete above.
- Assign a license number to a receipt item
- Change the license number assigned to a receipt item
- Remove a license number from a receipt item
- Putaway items to the same location
- Split receipt items, or Split by Quantity
- Enter serial numbers for serial-controlled items
- When finished, select Receive to receive right away, or Save or Save & Continue Editing to save the receipt.
- Selecting Receive receives the items in to inventory, and changes the status of the receipt to
Closed. The receipt is no longer editable. It appears on the list at Receiving>View Receipts. The individual receipt items appear on the list at Receiving>Receipt Items List, each with a status of
- Selecting Save or Save & Continue Editing changes the status of the receipt to
Saved. The receipt is still editable, and appears on both lists at Receiving>Expected Receipts and Receiving>View Receipts. The individual receipt items appear on the list at Receiving>Receipt Items List, each with a status of
- It is good practice to choose Save & Continue Editing after you add items, before you start making edits to the lines.