Viewing a kit
A kit is a document that fulfills a kit order by transferring the component items into a Kit WIP (Work In Progress) location to be built, then adding the newly assembled items, and any by-products, into inventory.
To view kits:
Select Kitting Manager>Kits. A list of kits appears. If needed, you can filter or sort the list.
If you have a multi-warehouse operation, make sure you have selected the correct warehouse from the Warehouse drop-down up above.
Note that although you can view a kit from the
All warehouses context, you cannot perform any action on the kit (such as Edit, Start Building, etc.) unless you have selected the correct warehouse from the Warehouse drop-down.
To view a specific kit:
- From Kitting Manager>Kits, double-click the record or highlight the record and click View. The kit displays. General kit information is up above and the lists of items to produce, by-product items, and component items are below.
- To edit the kit, select the Edit button at the bottom of the screen. The Edit Kit screen appears. More info...
- To start building the kit, select the Start Building button at the bottom of the screen. This transfers your component items to the WIP (work in progress) location specified in the kit. More info...
- To finish building the kit, select the Finish Building button at the bottom of the screen. This removes the component items from inventory and adds the newly produced items (and any by-product items) to inventory. More info...
- To cancel the kit, select the Cancel Kit button at the bottom of the screen. The kit is cancelled. More info...
To export the Kit list to a spreadsheet:
- Sort or filter your list to isolate the group of records you want to export. You can also export the entire list, unfiltered, if you want. You can export up to 10,000 records.
- Click Export from the toolbar. The Export pop-up appears.
Important: Do not close this pop-up. Closing the pop-up cancels your request for exported data. If needed, you can minimize the Export pop-up.
- Optionally, continue working in SmartTurn while your export request is being processed.
Note: You can only create one export request at a time. However, you can continue with all of your other work in SmartTurn.
- When the export is complete, a dialog opens asking you if you want to open or save the file.
- Select Save. Save the file to a directory on your machine.
- A spreadsheet appears with the data you selected. SmartTurn exports many attributes of your data, not just the columns you see in the list view.
- At this time, it is safe to close your Export pop-up. Select Close if the pop-up does not automatically close once your export is complete.