Finish building a kit
To finish building a kit:
- Select Kitting Manager>Kits. A list of kits appears.
- Highlight the kit you want to finish building and select View from the toolbar up above. The View screen appears.
- If you need to make further changes to the kit:
Select Edit from the bottom of the screen. Now you can make further changes to the Items to Produce and By-Product Items. For example:
- Optionally, make further changes to the Items to Produce and By-Product Items tables by editing Lot #s, License #s, Locations, Produced Qty, etc. You might need to change the Produced Qty, for example, if you are manufacturing items and you had a lower yield than usual (that is, a lower yield than predicted by the kit specification).
- Optionally, add scrap materials to the By-Product Items table. If, as part of the kitting process, there is a quantity of any of the Component Items that is left over and should be returned to inventory, you can add that scrap material.
- Select Add Component Scrap from the toolbar of the By-Product Items table. An Item Search screen appears, listing all of the Component Items from this kit.
- Check the checkboxes to the left of the items that you want to add as scrap.
- Select OK down below. The lines are added to the bottom of the By-Product Items table.
- Key in a Produced Qty for each newly added By-Product Item line. Enter the amount you have left after you finish building.
- Optionally, assign specific component items and by-product items to each product item. This is helpful for visibility and tracking, for example if both your components and your products are serialized.
When finished, select Save to return to the View screen.
- Select Finish Building at the bottom of the View screen.
The following actions occur:
- The status of the kit changes to
- The status of the associated kit order remains
In Progress, if there are still other items on the kit order to be assembled, or changes to
Closed, if this kit fulfills the kit order.
- The Qty Pulled of all of the Component Items is removed from the WIP Location specified in the header of the kit. These goods are consumed during production and so are removed from inventory.
- The Items to Produce and By-Product Items are created in inventory. The Produced Qty of each line item is created in the specified Location with the assigned Lot #, License #, and other properties. The newly created inventory items have the Owner, Customer, Vendor, and Broker specified in the header of the kit.