Viewing an item in all the locations in which it is stored
If your warehouse stores a single item master in several different locations across the warehouse, you can use Reports>Quantity by Item to view all the locations where you can find that inventory for that item.
To view all the locations in which an item is stored:
- Select Reports>Quantity by Item to view the Quantity by Item report.
- A list of Item #s appears. Notice that the quantity for each Item # is the total quantity at the warehouse. This quantity may be spread across several Locations, have various Serial #s, Expire dates, or other differences. But on this screen, it is combined and displayed as one line item.
- Highlight an item and select View, up above.
- The Item Master Inventory screen appears.
- The top part of the screen lists general and aggregate information for this Item #, such as Item Type and Total Qty on Hand.
- Down below, the Inventory Items table splits out all of the inventory items with this Item #. This means that if there are quantities of the same Item #, but they differ in other ways, such as having different serial numbers, or item receipt dates, this screen will display those quantities on different lines.
- In the Inventory Items table, the Location column shows you all of the locations in which this Item # is stored. Click the column header to sort by location.
- From here, you can also select an item and choose to view, edit, adjust, or bin transfer it. More info...