Receiving purchase orders on a mobile device
To receive a PO:
- From the main menu, select Receiving>Receive Purchase Orders. Select a PO from the list or search for the PO by entering the PO #, External #, or Priority.
- Select OK.
If you are using Windows CE, you can select OK or press F2.
- By default, the receipt header displays. (Click the Hide header link between the buttons and the business affiliate links to skip adding header information. Go to Step 7.)
- Below the Custom Fields link, you can optionally enter or edit the business affiliates (Vendor, Owner, Broker, Carrier) for the receipt:
- Click the link for the type of business affiliate you want to assign. A list of valid business affiliates for that type appears. Note that if you enter an Owner, then all of the other business affiliates on the document must have a Business Affiliate Owner that is either not set or is set to that Owner, and all of the items must have an Owner that is either not set or is set to that Owner.
- Select a business affiliate from the list. The business affiliate list closes, and the business affiliate you selected displays on the Receive PO-nnn screen. Repeat as necessary with other business affiliate types.
- Review the other header information for the Receipt. You can enter the Shipment Reference, the Container #, the Dock #, the Bill of lading, and any Comments. You can also set the Receipt Date for the receipt, and for the items on it; if you want all of the items you receive to have the same receipt date as the date of record for this receipt, check the box Use as item receipt date.
- When you are finished filling in receipt header information, click the Hide header link. The list of receipt items displays.
- To edit or verify an item:
- Click the item link. Edit item details (see below) and select Save, OR
- Select Find Item and then enter or scan the Item ID, Product ID, Serial #, and/or Description, then select OK. Edit item details (see below) and select Save, OR
- Scan the item and press the Enter button on the mobile device. This has the same effect as tapping Find Item on the screen.
- The Edit Item screen appears.
- Make sure you specify a location for putaway, and any other information your operation requires. Items on the receipt that are Expiration Date Controlled cannot be received without an Expire date.
- If needed, change the Putaway UoM. By default, inventory items are putaway (stored) in their Standard Unit.
- If your operation requires it, view or enter data for the measurements for either the line item being received (Cube, Dim Wt, Pallets) or the item being put away (Putaway Cube, Putaway Dim Wt, Putaway Pallets) by clicking Edit Measurements. View or enter the required data, then click OK. (Most of the time, these measurements are identical, but they may be different for example if you remove protective packaging before storing the item.)
- If your operation requires it, view or enter data for a custom field by clicking Custom Fields. The Custom Fields screen appears. View or enter the required data, then click OK.
- From the Receive PO-nnn screen, you can also:
- Add an item (blind receipt):
- Click Add Item. A list of item masters appears. Click an item link or enter or scan Item ID and/or Product ID and/or Description, then click OK.
- The Add Item screen appears. Fields with asterisks '*' are required. Make sure you specify a Location for putaway, and any other attributes of the item your operation requires for receiving.
- As with the original PO items, if your operation requires it, view or enter any data for custom fields by clicking Custom Fields, or any data for measurements by clicking Edit Measurements.
- Delete an item: Click del on the right.
- Split or split by quantity a non-serial controlled receipt item: See Splitting Receipt Items - Mobile. (Serial-controlled items automatically split by quantity on receipts so that you can enter a unique serial number into each line item of a receipt.)
- Create a license #: Click the Create lic # link. Enter details or use the default values generated by SmartTurn. Click OK to save the newly created license number to that item. Or click Cancel to return without creating a new license number for that item.
- Remove a license #: Click the Remove lic # link. The license number is removed from this item.
- When you have verified each item on the receipt, you are ready to receive the PO.
- To receive only items you have verified: Click Recv Verified. You can filter the list of items with the Show drop-down menu. Choose
- To receive the PO as is: Click Recv All. You'll receive confirmation you received the PO.
- You may continue to select and receive other Purchase Orders from this list page. To return to the main menu, press 0 or click in the top left corner.