Ship pending shipments on a mobile device
To ship pending shipments:
- From the main menu, select Fulfillment>Ship Pending Shipments. Select a shipment from the list or search for the shipment by entering the Shipment #, SO #, Priority, or Wave #.
An Express Ship screen appears.
- In the Show Header view, you can add information to the Shipment by clicking any of the links. Business affiliates and Custom fields may or may not be defined, depending on your operation. To add or edit business affiliates, click the links to Customer, Owner, Broker, or Carrier. Note that if you enter an Owner, then all of the other business affiliates on the document must have a Business Affiliate Owner that is either not set or is set to that Owner, and all of the items must have an Owner that is either not set or is set to that Owner. If your administrator has defined custom fields, you will be able to view and/or modify information in those fields by clicking the Custom Fields link.
- In the Hide Header view, the items in the shipment are listed, including ID, Description, Serial #, Ord Qty, and Loc/Lic#. Click the link in the Description column to view more details about the item.
- Verify the shipment items (in the Hide Header view).
- Filter the list of items with the Show drop-down menu.
- To change the pick details for an item, select at the end of the row. You can pick the item from a different location. If there is only one location for the item, you will get a message saying, "There are no results." Click Cancel to return.
- To pick an item, click the Description link. If you want, you can edit item details at this time (see below). Click Save to pick the item and return to the shipment. The newly selected inventory item is soft allocated to your shipment when you click OK.
- Notice that you can show remaining items not yet picked for the Shipment by selecting
Not Picked in the Show drop-down menu.
- To edit item details:
- Click Find Item. The Express Ship item finder appears. Enter or scan the Item ID, Product ID, Serial #, Description, and/or Location, then select OK. Or select an item Description link from the list.
- Edit the item details.
- If required, edit the Quantity or Unit of Measure, then select Save.
Note: If you change the Unit of Measure, the Unit price will be updated to reflected the selected Unit of Measure when you save the shipment.
- If your operation requires it, view or enter data for the measurements by clicking Edit Measurements. The measurements for the line item being shipped (Cube, Dim Wt, Pallets) are editable, and the measurements for the item being picked (Pick Unit, Picked Cube, Picked Dim Wt, Picked Pallets) are read-only. (Most of the time, these two measurements are identical, but they may be different for example if you add protective packaging before shipping the item.) View or enter the required data, then click OK.
- If your operation requires it, view or enter data for a custom field by clicking Custom Fields. The Custom Fields screen appears. View or enter the required data, then click OK to save any modifications to the shipment item, or Cancel, to cancel any modifications to the Custom Fields.
- If the item being shipped is Outbound ID Controlled, select Add OB IDs to scan and enter in the identifier for each unit being shipped.
When you save the IDs, they are validated against the Outbound ID settings defined in the item master. An item that is Outbound ID Controlled requires a unique identifier for each unit on a shipment during the outbound process.
- When you are done editing the item, click OK to save the changes and return to the shipment. The newly selected inventory item is soft allocated to your shipment when you click OK.
- To delete an item:
- Select the delete icon at the far right of the item.
- To add an item to the shipment:
- Click Add Item. The Find Item screen appears. Confirm that the Current Pick Policy is set to the pick policy that is correct for this shipment. If you need to change the pick policy, check the box next to the Override Current Policy field, then select another policy from the drop-down. This Pick Policy drop-down list contains inventory managers that are marked "Use as pick policy."
- Find an item by entering details to filter the list. Click the Description link when you see the item you want to add. The Add Item screen appears.
- Enter the Quantity, Unit of Measure, and any other details necessary for the item.
- If your company's shipment process requires you to view or enter data for a custom field, click Custom Fields. The Custom Fields screen appears. Enter or view the required data, then click OK to save any modifications to the shipment item, or Cancel, to cancel any modifications to the custom fields. The Custom Fields screen closes, and SmartTurn returns you to the main Add Item screen.
- If the item being added is Outbound ID Controlled, select Add OB IDs to scan and enter in the identifier for each unit being shipped.
- From the Add Item screen, Save. The item has been added to the shipment. The updated inventory item is soft allocated to your shipment when you click OK.
- To ship the items, click Ship All.
- To ship only picked items, click Ship Picked.
- To cancel out of the shipment, click Cancel. SmartTurn asks, "Are you sure...?" If you click "Yes", a confirmation message on the main page indicates that you have cancelled out of the shipment. The shipment remains in
Saved status and can be permanently cancelled by logging in to the SmartTurn desktop application.