Using the Explore screen
The Explore screen allows you to view the relationships between the line items on all of the different documents that are part of your wave of work. It enables you to monitor the progress of a specific sales order item, or to troubleshoot the progress or status of specific items in your wave.
To display the Explore screen:
- From the View page of the document, in the Items table, check the checkbox next to the item you want to explore. This is the "focus item" for the Explore screen.
For example, from Ordering>Sales Orders>View Sales Order #: SO-nnnn, in the Items table, check the checkbox next to a sales order item.
- Select Explore from the toolbar of the Items table. The Explore screen displays.
The Explore action is available for the following types of items:
- Sales order items (Ordering>Sales Orders>View Sales Order #: SO-nnnn, in the Items table)
- Shipment items (Fulfillment>View Shipments>View Shipment #: SI-nnnn, in the Ship Items table)
- Pack Plan items (Wave Fulfillment>Pack Plans>View Pack Plan #: PaP-nnnn, in the Pack Plan Items table)
- Pack items on the Bill of Lading (Wave Fulfillment>Bills of Lading>View BOL #: BOL-nnnn, in the Pack Items table)
- Pick Plan items (Wave Fulfillment>Pick Plans>View Pick Plan #: PiP-nnnn, in the Pick Plan Items table)
- Pick Ticket items (Wave Fulfillment>Pick Tickets>View Pick Ticket #: PT-nnnn, in the Pick Ticket Items table)
To work with the Explore screen:
- The Explore screen contains one Items table for each document involved in wave fulfillment.
- When the Explore screen first displays, the "focus item" is displayed in the appropriate table. (The "focus item" is the line item that you checked when selecting the Explore button.) For example, if you are viewing a sales order and select a sales order item, that sales order item is displayed in the Sales Order Items table in the Explore screen.
- Select Show all lines at the bottom of the screen to display the lines in all of the other tables that are directly related to the focus item. For example, if your sales order was part of a , selecting Show all lines shows the following lines:
- pack plan items that are planning this sales order line
- pack items (from the bill of lading) that are packing this sales order line; note that these lines may be from several different bills of lading
- pick plan items that are planning the picks for this sales order line
- pick ticket items that are picking goods for this sales order line; note that these lines may be from several different pick tickets
- Alternatively, use the toolbar actions in each table to examine the items in each table one by one. You can:
- Show or hide the lines in the table by selecting Show or Hide from the toolbar of the table. For example, if you started from a sales order item and want to confirm it has been fulfilled, you may only want to show the lines in the pack items (bill of lading) table.
- Change the focus to a different item by checking the checkbox next to that item and selecting Refocus. For example, you may want to refocus on a pick ticket line to see what other sales orders this pick is fulfilling.
- View the document that this line is from by checking the checkbox next to that item and selecting View document. The View page of that document displays. For example, you may want to look at the bill of lading to see additional details on the Carrier or package Tracking #.