Editing cycle counts
To edit a cycle count:
- Select Inventory>Cycle Counts. A list of cycle counts appears.
- Highlight the cycle count you want to edit, the select Edit up above. The cycle count can be in
In Progress status.
- If the cycle count is in
In Progress status, then only the uncounted Cycle Counts Items are editable. The general cycle count information is no longer editable.
- The Edit Cycle Count screen displays.
- In the top of the page, the Inventory Manager field is read only. This is the inventory manager you used to create the cycle count.
- If applicable, enter an active Owner. If you enter an Owner on the cycle count, then all of the cycle count items must have an Owner that is either not set or is set to the Owner of the cycle count. If you created the cycle count using the Cycle Count by Owner option, the Owner field is automatically set and is not editable.
- For Transaction Date, the system automatically selects the current date as the date of record for the transfer. If the date is different, you can change it by clicking in the field and then selecting the calendar icon to the right.
- Under Transacted By, enter the user who will complete the cycle count. (Note that each item will also have Date Counted and Counted by information recorded for the user who updated the cycle count record to mark that item as counted.)
- Optionally, enter any Comments.
- In the Cycle Count Items table, edit the Cycle Count Items as necessary.
- Key in the Counted Quantity for each item that you count.
- Note that you can enter the quantity but not the unit of measure. The unit is fixed based on how the item was initially received. (If you do need to change the unit of measure, you can edit the inventory item.)
- If the item master is set to Serial Control: Unique, the Counted Quantity must be 0 or 1.
- To add additional items, select Adjust from zero from the toolbar. For example, you are cycle counting a location and you find an inventory item that is not in your Cycle Count Items table.
- An Item Master lookup screen appears.
- Check the items you want to adjust in. Select OK. The items you selected appear in the Cycle Count Items table.
- Enter any item attributes, such as Lot # or Serial #, as needed. You can also edit any custom fields. The default value is taken from the item master.
- When finished, select Count or Count & Continue Editing to count the items right away, Save or Save & Continue Editing to save the cycle count, or Perform Soft Allocation to reserve the inventory.
- Selecting Count or Count & Continue Editing immediately updates the quantities of the items (on all pages) with Counted Quantities entered, and changes the Item Status of those cycle count items to
Closed. Those line items are no longer editable. If all of the line items are now counted, the cycle count is
Closed. If there are remaining uncounted line items, the cycle count is
- Selecting Save or Save & Continue Editing does not have any effects on inventory. The cycle count is still editable.
- Selecting Perform Soft Allocation reserves the inventory and prevents other warehouse operations from working with it. The cycle count remains in its current status (either
In Progress), and it is still editable. The report for each inventory item (Reports>Inventory by Item>View) includes a Soft Allocations table that references this cycle count.