Viewing bills of lading
Bills of lading are legal documents that describe what was given to the Carrier to deliver to the Customer.
In SmartTurn, the bill of lading document serves three purposes:
- it tracks the warehouse operation of packing inventory items into particular boxes or packages;
- it is the document whose fulfillment (closure) causes inventory items to be considered to have left the warehouse;
- it is printable and serves as the document that describes what was given to the Carrier to deliver to the Customer.
To view a list of bills of lading:
To view a specific bill of lading:
- From Wave Fulfillment>Bills of Lading, double-click a record or highlight the record and click View. The bill of lading displays.
- To view general BOL information: The general bill of lading information is displayed at the top of the screen.
- To view the BOL packages: The packages are listed in the Packages table. Check the checkbox next to a package in the table and select View to see details for each package.
- To view the BOL items: In the Pack Items table, use the view drop-down for different ways of looking at the items. See Viewing BOL items.
To export the bill of lading list to a spreadsheet:
- Sort or filter your list to isolate the group of records you want to export. You can also export the entire list, unfiltered, if you want. You can export up to 10,000 records.
- Click Export from the toolbar. The Export pop-up appears.
Important: Do not close this pop-up. Closing the pop-up cancels your request for exported data. If needed, you can minimize the Export pop-up.
- Optionally, continue working in SmartTurn while your export request is being processed.
Note: You can only create one export request at a time. However, you can continue with all of your other work in SmartTurn.
- When the export is complete, a dialog opens asking you if you want to open or save the file.
- Select Save. Save the file to a directory on your machine.
- A spreadsheet appears with the data you selected. SmartTurn exports many attributes of your data, not just the columns you see in the list view.
- At this time, it is safe to close your Export pop-up. Select Close if the pop-up does not automatically close once your export is complete.