Sometimes, after the goods have been picked and delivered to the packing station, the packer working on the bill of lading needs to reject some of the items initially picked. For example, an item may be damaged, or the Lot # may not match what was ordered.
To reject a pick while packing the bill of lading:
- In the Pack Items table, select
- Locate the item you want to reject.
- You can reject the picks for an item up until you have sealed and closed the package. In other words, you can reject the picks for an item until the Status of the package becomes
- Known limitation: You cannot split an item that is Outbound ID Controlled.
- Check the checkbox next to the item and select Reject Pick from the toolbar of the table.
- The Reject Pick page appears. In the Reject Pick page, the pack item is broken out by both SO # / Line # and PT # / Line #, with the Qty Picked and the Qty Avail to Pack listed.
- Edit the Qty Avail to Pack to be the actual amount of the goods that you are going to pack.
- The rejected items are "returned" to the pack plan, that is, the rejected quantity can be put onto another pick plan and picked for this bill of lading.
For example: The bill of lading says there are 10 eaches available to pack, but 3 of them are damaged. On the Reject Pick page, edit the Qty Avail to Pack from 10 eaches down to 7 eaches. When you reject the pick, the 3 eaches rejected are listed as Unplanned Qty on the pack plan. You can create another pick from the pack plan to have replacement items picked.
- Select whether or not to Remove from Inventory the rejected items.
- Items that are removed from inventory are considered scrapped and are decremented from the warehouse. (Check the Remove from Inventory checkbox.)
- Items that are not removed from inventory are "dropped" at the Destination Location (packing station) for this bill of lading. They are no longer allocated for this wave. They can be bin transferred back to a bulk storage location at a later time. They appear in all inventory reports for the Destination Location. (Uncheck the Remove from Inventory checkbox.)
- Select OK to confirm the rejected picks and return to the Edit page. The rejected pick is now listed both in the Rejected Picks view of the bill of lading and the Rejected Picks tab on the pick ticket.
Important: You cannot 'undo' a Reject Pick. When you select OK to confirm the rejected picks, the system automatically performs as if you had also selected Save and Continue Editing.
- Once you have rejected a pick from a bill of lading, you have two options on how to continue packing:
- You can create another pick from the pack plan to have replacement items picked. (Note that this may or may not succeed: any replacement items have not been allocated to this wave until you create the pick for them, and so may not be available.)
- Note that if the package had a Status of
Ready, after you reject a pick, the package becomes
In Progress again.
- You can close the bill of lading and ship out the goods that you do have. See Packing BOL items.