Updating a business affiliate record
To update a business affiliate:
- Select Operations>Business Affiliates. The business affiliate list appears.
- Highlight a business affiliate and select Edit Business Affiliate up above. The business affiliate detail form appears.
- Update the fields as needed. See Business Affiliate field descriptions for more information.
- To add or update a contact for this business affiliate, scroll to the bottom of the screen. You will see the table of Contacts.
- Click Add Contact or select the check box next to the contact you want to edit, and click Edit Contact. An Add Contact screen appears.
- Complete or edit the information, and click OK. The Add screen closes, and the new or modified contact appears in the Contacts table.
- Continue to add or edit contacts for this business affiliate, as needed.
- Scroll back up the form to the fields for specifying contacts. Select the drop-down menu for the contact you want to add/change. The contact(s) you added appear in the menu. Select contacts, as needed, from the drop-down menus for Shipment contact, Sales order contact, Purchase order contact, and Payment contact.
- To add or modify addresses for this business affiliate, select the tab for Ship To, Bill To, Ship From, Pay To, and enter an address into the fields, or modify the existing data. If you want to specify that it is the same as the Main Address, you can select the Same as Main Address check box.
If you leave the Ship To, Bill To, Ship From, and Pay To addresses blank, they will not default to data you have entered as the Main Address.
- To add or modify the billing policies for this business affiliate, select the Billing Policies tab and click Add, or modify the existing data. More info... Only business affiliates of Type Owner can have billing policies and be billed.
- Select Save to save your edits to the business affiliate.
SmartTurn logs a history of when and who created the business affiliate, as well as when and who made specific changes to the record in the History tab.
You can also update your business affiliates in SmartTurn from an import spreadsheet. This is especially useful if you have many business affiliates to update. To learn more about importing, see Importing your business affiliate data.