Managing business affiliate contacts
Your company probably works with several different people at each of your business affiliate companies--some on a regular basis and some less frequently. SmartTurn provides a way to keep all of these contacts handy for reference and for documentation.
To manage your business affiliate contacts:
- Select Operations>Business Affiliates. The business affiliate list appears.
- Highlight a business affiliate and select Edit Business Affiliate up above. The business affiliate detail form appears.
- To add or update a contact for this business affiliate, scroll to the bottom of the screen. You will see the table of Contacts.
- Click Add Contact, or select the check box next to the contact you want to edit, and click Edit Contact. An Add Contact screen appears.
- Complete or edit the information, and click OK. The Add screen closes, and the new or modified contact appears in the Contacts table.
- Continue to add or edit contacts for this business affiliate, as needed.
- Scroll back up the form to the fields for specifying contacts. Select the drop-down menu for the contact you want to add/change. The contact(s) you added appear in the drop-down menus. Select contacts, as needed, for Shipment Contact, Sales Order/Billing Contact, etc.
(To use the main contact for all of the specific function contacts, click Use Main Contact.)
- Select Save to save your edits to the business affiliate's contacts.
SmartTurn logs a history of when and who created the business affiliate, as well as when and who made specific changes to the record in the History tab, located at the far right of the group of Address tabs.
You can also update your business affiliate contacts in SmartTurn from an import spreadsheet. This is especially useful if you have many business affiliate contacts to update. To learn more about importing, see Importing your business affiliate data.