Splitting a shipping item
To split a shipment item:
- Check the check box to the left of the item you want to split.
- Select Split Item... up top. A Split Item screen appears.
- Below Matching Results are the other inventory items for the same Item #, split out by license number and location. If no lines appear, the item number does not have any more quantities in a different license number and/or location.
Note: You can check the Show Allocated Inventory checkbox to show those inventory items that are recommended by this pick policy but already reserved for another transaction. You cannot add allocated items to your shipment; however, you can use the Inventory by Item report to track down the other operations that need this item. For example, your shipment may be high priority, and other operations should be cancelled or delayed so that you can use this particular item on your shipment.
- Select the check box to the left of the item you want to split between. (You may select only one item.)
- Select OK down below. The new line appears, with the quantity '0'.
- Adjust the quantities between the two lines to indicate how many of the item you want picked from each license number/location.
Note: The newly selected inventory item is soft allocated to your shipment the next time you Save the shipment. Additionally, the original inventory item has its soft allocation updated, if you changed the quantity for the line, when you Save the shipment.
Note: If you defined custom fields, check the shipment item on the left and select Edit... above to enter the fields. Default values are as defined under Administration>Custom Fields, in the Business Process Details section for each custom field, just as when are adding a shipment item.