Finding unplanned items
As you work on a wave, there are several places in your wave where you may accumulate unplanned items. As part of monitoring your wave, you can find these unplanned items and make sure to incorporate them in your work.
To find unplanned sales order items:
- Each sales order item has an Unplanned Qty. This is the amount that is not currently being fulfilled. That is, the Unplanned Qty represents the amount of the sales order line that is not currently saved on a pack plan (and bill of lading) or a shipment.
- Sales order items with an Unplanned Qty still need to be fulfilled, for example in another wave of work. You cannot add additional sales order items to a wave; you need to create another wave.
- You can see the unplanned sales order items by customizing the Unplanned Qty onto the sales order view page (Ordering>Sales Orders>View Sales Order #: SO-nnnn).
To find unplanned pack plan items:
- Each pack plan item has an Unplanned Qty. This is the amount that is already on a bill of lading but is not currently on a pick plan (that is, the amount is planned to be packed but not yet planned to be picked).
- When you first create a , all of the pack plan items have no Unplanned Qty. Pack plan items get an Unplanned Qty greater than zero if the packer working on the bill of lading has rejected of some of the items initially picked. A new pick plan must be created before these items can be put onto bills of lading and shipped out of the warehouse.
- You can see the unplanned pack plan items by selecting the pack plan view page (Wave Fulfillment>Pack Plans>View Pack Plan #: PaP-nnnn) and selecting the
Unplanned View from the Pack Plan Items table.
To find unplanned pick plan items:
- Each pick plan item has an Unplanned Qty. This is the amount that is not currently on a pick ticket (that is, it is on the pick plan and the inventory has been allocated, but no one has been assigned to actually pick it yet).
- When you first create a pick plan, either in a or in a , all of the pick plan items have an Unplanned Qty equal to their Qty to Pick. As you create pick tickets, the pick plan item Unplanned Qty decreases. If the picker ever cancels a pick ticket, the pick plan item Unplanned Qty increases again, and you can create another pick ticket for that item.
- You can see the unplanned pick plan items by selecting the pick plan view page (Wave Fulfillment>Pick Plans>View Pick Plan #: PiP-nnnn) and selecting the
Unplanned View from the Pick Plan Items table.