Example pick ticket template: by equipment type
Suppose your operation uses several different types of equipment for picking different items.
In picking with different equipment, you are picking all of the required goods for many orders, but you want each picker to pick using a different type of equipment, with different capacities and capabilities. Usually you pick with different equipment types if you have some goods that can only be retrieved with some kinds of equipment, or if you have some pallet picking and some each picking.
When you have different equipment for picking different items, you need to create one pick ticket template for each kind of equipment. Then, you need to create pick tickets from your pick plan several times, once for each template / equipment type.
To create pick ticket templates for picking with different equipment:
- Select Wave Fulfillment>Pick Ticket Templates. Select Add from the toolbar above the list. (See more details on Creating pick ticket templates.)
- In the Edit Filtering. In the Filter page, select the items that can be picked with this type of equipment. For example, if you have special equipment for your freezer, you might filter by Group section, select
matches Frozen Goods. If you have special equipment for some locations in your warehouse, you might filter by Location
in range Area001 to Area009. If you have special scanning equipment or special procedures when picking serialized items, you might filter by Serial #
is not empty.
Using an Items Filtering is one key that facilitates picking based on equipment type.
- In the section, describe the limits of this type of equipment.
- The other sections are optional when you are creating a pick ticket template for picking based on equipment type.
- Optionally, use the Hazardous to this section. section to logically classify your pick tickets. All fields listed in this section have a 'break on change' property: all of the items are sorted based on this field, and each time the value of this field changes, a new pick ticket is created. For example, if you want to make sure that hazardous and non-hazardous materials are never on the same pick ticket, you would add
- Leave the Capacity Sort, but not both. You added an Items Sorting above. empty. You can have either an Items Sorting or a
- Optionally, enter the # of Pick Tickets per Wave. Leaving this field empty means that the system will create pick tickets for all of the items that are found based on your Items Filtering, above. Entering a number in this field means the system will only create that many pick tickets. You can create additional pick tickets from the pick plan, using this same pick ticket template, at a later time.
- Optionally, enter a Location, or Item #. You can add as many sortings as you like. to sort all of the lines within each pick ticket. For example, you may want to sort each pick ticked based on
- Select OK to save your changes.
- Repeat Steps 1 to 5 for each different type of equipment. Change the details of the Items Filtering and Pick Ticket Capacity sections as needed based on the type of equipment.