Create wave: pick/pack
The second step in creating and executing a is to create the wave.
To create a Pick/Pack Wave:
- Select Wave Fulfillment>Pending Sales Orders. (You may need to review and filter the list.)
- Select Pick/Pack from the toolbar above the list. The Create Pick/Pack Wave page appears.
- Optionally, select a Pick Policy.
- This pick policy may be one of the provided policies such as FIFO or FEFO, or it may be another policy that you have created.
- If no pick policy is selected, the pick policies from the respective sales orders are used.
- Enter the Destination Location. This is the dock or packing station to which all of the items should be picked. It must have a Location Type of
- Select the BOL Template from the drop-down.
- Review the remainder of the fields on the page. All of the values are populated from the BOL Template you select in the drop-down. However, you can override any field when creating these bills of lading. See more about BOL templates and BOL template fields.
- Select Create Pack Plan, BOLs, and Pick Plan. A confirmation page appears. This page lists the number of each different document created (typically this is one pack plan, several bills of lading, and one pick plan). It also lists any sales order items not included in the wave because the inventory was not available (could not be allocated, or could not be found with the chosen pick policy). It also lists any sales orders not included in the wave because they are required to ship complete and some inventory was not available.
- Select Accept Plan to save the pack plan, bills of lading, and pick plan for this wave of work. An Accept Plan page appears. This page lists the Wave # and the document numbers (PaP #, BOL #s, PiP #) of all of the created documents.
Alternatively, select Cancel to delete the pack plan, bills of lading, and pick plan.
- Continue by creating pick tickets.