Printing PDF reports
In addition to the Print button at the top of all screens, some screens in SmartTurn also have a Print PDF's button. This allows you to print some documents and reports as a PDF report.
A PDF report is the combination of a report template (printout) and the data from a specific document or report within SmartTurn.
To print PDF reports for a document:
- From the list view or view detail page, select Print PDF's from the upper right.
Print PDF's is available from the list view or view detail pages of purchase orders, receipts, cycle counts, adjustments, bin transfers, sales orders, shipments, bills of lading, pick tickets, custom inventory reports, custom activity line reports, and custom billing line reports.
- A pop-up appears with the list of printouts available for this document. Under Printout Names, check the checkbox next to the printout(s) that you want. Select OK.
- Each printout, also called a report template, is a different way of looking at that document. For example, one printout (report template) may have different formatting, or include different fields on the page.
- The printouts listed are the active report templates provided by SmartTurn. If you have Custom PDF Reporting enabled, the printouts listed also include active report templates that you have created and uploaded. See Managing PDF report templates.
- For some documents, there is only one printout (report template) available, so this screen does not appear. Skip to Step 3.
- In the pop-up, a list of the generated PDF reports appears. There is one generated PDF report for every printout (report template) selected, for every document that you are printing.
- If you choose Print PDF's from a view detail page, for example, Fulfillment>View Shipments>View Shipment #: SI-nnnn, you are only printing one document (that shipment). So there is one PDF report for that shipment for each report template that you selected.
- If you choose Print PDF's from a report page, for example Inventory>Inventory Managers>View, you are only printing one document (that report). So there is one PDF report for that inventory listing for each report template that you selected.
- If you choose Print PDF's from a list view page, for example, Fulfillment>View Shipments, you are printing up to 25 documents (all the shipments on the page of the list that you are currently looking at). So there is one PDF report for each shipment for each report template that you selected.
- Select one of the generated PDF reports and choose View or Print.
- View opens a new browser window and displays the PDF file.
- Print opens a print dialog in your PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- You can select multiple generated PDF reports by holding down Ctrl while you select the reports. You can select a range of generated PDF reports by holding down Shift while you select the first and last report in the range.