Adding a field to a custom page
On customizable pages, you can add both custom and core fields.
To add a field to a custom page:
- Select Administration>Custom Pages. A list displays of all of the customizable pages in SmartTurn.
- In the list, locate the page to which you want to add a custom field.
- Highlight the page and select Edit, above. The Edit Custom Page screen appears.
- If the Edit Custom Page screen has more than one tab, select the appropriate tab. The available tabs depend on the page you select:
- The Custom tab contains custom fields of Business Process
Outbound. Fields you place here appear in the Custom tab on View Detail screens for particular documents.
- The Table or Items tab contains custom fields of Business Process
Inventory, as well as core fields. Fields you place here appear in the Items table on View Detail screens for particular documents, for example the PO Items table.
- Some screens have multiple Items tabs that correspond to multiple views of the items table. For example, the PickTicketView screen has tabs for Full Items, Pick Items, and Put Items tables.
- The Header tab is available for print screens (for example, ShipmentPrint or ReceiptPrint) and for selected fulfillment screens (for example, BolView). Fields you place here display at the top of the printout.
- The Footer tab is available for print screens only (for example, ShipmentPrint or ReceiptPrint). Fields you place here display at the bottom of the printout.
- Some screens have additional tabs that correspond to additional, customizable tabs in the header of the doucment (for example, BolView has allows you to customize the Ship From, Ship To, and Remit To tabs).
- Some pages have no tabs available. These are list view pages. Fields you place here appear as columns in the list view.
- Select Add in the toolbar above the list. The Add field screen appears, with a list of both the Custom and Core fields available for the page you are customizing.
- The Add field screen contains a list of all the Custom and Core fields available for the page, whether or not they are currently displaying on the page. So even though a field appears on the screen here, it may already be displaying on the page. The list of fields on the Edit Custom Page screen is the current list of fields that display on the page.
- An editable field can only appear once on the page.
- Check the box to the right of the field(s) you want to add. Select OK. The Add field screen closes, and the field(s) you selected appear in the list on the Edit Custom Page screen.
- As needed, you can make additional changes to each field on the custom page:
- Review the top-to-bottom order of the fields on the list. This sequence represents the left-to-right sequence of the fields if they appear in a list or table, or the top-to-bottom sequence of the fields if they appear on the Custom tab. To modify the order of the fields, check the checkbox next to that field, and use the Up and Down arrows to re-position the field in the list.
- Enter an Override name if you want to specify a different name for the field in this page. (Entering an Override name here has no impact on the Override name on other pages. You must change the Override name of the field on each page in which it appears.)
- If the page you are modifying is a page on which edits are possible, you have the option to make the field an editable field. Check the box for Editable.
- If you want this page to allow for a wider or more narrow display of the data for the new custom field, in Display Length, enter the number of characters (for a text field) or the digits of precision after the decimal place (for a quantity field) you want the display to allow. (Changing the field Display Length here has no impact on the Display Length on other pages. You must change the Display Length of the field on each page in which it appears.)
- Review the page, and make any other changes you want. Select OK to save all of the changes to this page.
- The list of customizable pages at Administration>Custom Pages appears.
Notice that the Change Date field for the page you modified now has a new time stamp, providing a reference for when the page was last changed.
Remember that you need to log out and log in again to see the newly added fields appear on your page.
If you add a custom field to a page that has an Export feature, each custom field you add to display on that page appears on the exported file for that page. If you enter an Override name, the field exports with the Override name.