Changing a component item
To change a Component Item:
- On the Add or Edit Kit page, select the checkbox to the left of the item in the Component Items table that you want to change.
- Select Change Item... from the toolbar of the Component Items table. A Change Item screen appears.
- Below Matching Results, you see inventory items for the same item number, split out by license number and location. If no lines appear, the item number does not have any more quantities in a different license number and/or location.
Note: You can check the Show Allocated Inventory checkbox to show those inventory items that are recommended by this pick policy but already reserved for another transaction. You cannot use allocated items as components in your kit; however, you can use the Inventory by Item report to track down the other operations that need this item. For example, your kit may be high priority, and other operations should be cancelled or delayed so that you can use this particular item to build your kit.
- Select the checkbox to the left of the item you want to use to replace. (You may select only one item.)
- Select OK down below. The Component line item is changed.
- The newly selected inventory item is soft allocated to your kit the next time you Save the kit.
- If you defined any custom fields, you may need to edit them here. The default value is taken from the newly selected inventory item.