Closing a kit order
When you exactly fulfill a kit order, the Status of the kit order automatically becomes
If a kit order is
In Progress (some items have been assembled, on at least one kit document), you can manually close the kit order.
Note: Kit orders remain
In Progress until all of the Ordered Qty for all of the items has been used on a kit. This means that if you decrease the Qty Pulled for your Component Items on a kit, so that the Qty Pulled is less than the Ordered Qty for that component, the kit order may remain
In Progress even though you have assembled all of the Items to Produce. In this case, you need to manually close the kit order.
Closed kit orders cannot be worked on further. For more information about the kit order status, see Kit order field descriptions.
To close a kit order:
- Select Kitting Manager>Kit Orders.
- A list of kit orders appears. Highlight the kit order you want to close.
- Select Close KO up above.
- Select View up above. The View kit order screen appears. Click Close at the bottom of the screen.
- A pop-up appears asking you to confirm that you want to close the kit order.
- Click OK to close the kit order. Click Cancel to leave the kit order in its current state.
- Closing a kit order also cancels any open kits that are fulfilling this kit order.