Using exported item master data to update item masters through an import
If you decide to update item masters through an import, you can export item master data first, then reuse the Excel file to import you data.
To use exported item master data to update item masters through an import:
- Export the item master data to a spreadsheet. More info...
- Rename the worksheet tabs:
- The first tab, Item Master, should be named ItemMasterData
- The second tab, Item Master Warehouse, should be named WarehouseItemData
- The third tab, Unit of Measure, should be named UnitOfMeasureData
- Rename two of the columns on the UnitOfMeasureData tab.
- The column Current weight should be named Dim. Weight.
- The column Current weight Unit should be named Dim. Weight Unit.
- Add one column to all three worksheets: Action. You can add this column anywhere in the worksheets. Enter "UPDATE" in the Action column for any item masters that you want to update. Enter "IGNORE" for any item masters that you do not want to update.
- Enter edits for any of the item master information in the spreadsheet. Important: Columns left blank on the import template will update the item master and put blank (null) in that field.
- Add three rows ABOVE the first row and three rows BELOW the first row in all three worksheets. The column names must be in row 4, and the first row of data should be in row 8, in order for the import file to be processed correctly.